2006-06-06

Being Naughty = Chicken Dinner reward??

It seems that the biggest learning curve I've been on has been over these last 8 months. Yep, my little one has taught me a lot of lessons and this weekend I had to adjust her routine yet again. You see, I'm a bit of a control freak. I hate it when things don't go to routine. I've had to change my thinking a fair bit since I had Kezi. The routine she was in was starting not to work and both she and I were starting to have grotty days. Since I've adjusted it to be a bit more flexible over this weekend I've realised that both she and I have been a lot happier!

There's an ad for a certain chicken company on tv at the moment in Australia. The mum comes into her kitchen and there are suds everywhere. The dishwasher is making a heaving noise and her son is standing there saying 'sorry mum!'. She smiles sweetly, walks through the suds and pulls his rugby jersy out of the dishwasher. The voice over says 'as a mum, it only takes one thing to throw my whole day out'. The ad ends with the mum coming to the conculsion that she simply can't cook tea now because of the routine being out so she buys her family the chicken take away for tea instead. All this is done with a smile and tilt of the head. Can anyone else see something wrong with this picture?

I said a while ago that I don't like showing my little one's face. I still hold to that but this shot if is the one that will be printed on our brochure's shortly so I figured it doesn't matter.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rodney Olsen said...

What a brilliant picture.

Give the photographer a medal.

7:30 pm  
Blogger AndieB said...

Girl I totally know where you are coming from with the perfection thing. I subscribe to flylady.net and she has really helped me overcome my perfectionism. And b.t.w. that is a great pic of ya'll!! Your little girl is just adorable!!

7:58 am  
Blogger Corry said...

Love the pic, Kezi is so cute and you both make a lovely couple.

Although the commercial doesn't reflect reality concerning the mother's reaction, I have to admire the boy's desire to help his mom by wanting to do the laundry:-)

God's Grace.

5:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family. I love this photo and you all look so happy. Congrats.
a.
P.S
Steady yourself...the lessons/routine changes once you have kids just keep on coming!

10:30 pm  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate it. It took around 30 photos to get that one!

11:45 pm  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Corry - ahhh, you WOULD see the positive side to that add! LOL. Good on you, I can learn something from you.

10:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger