2006-02-02

My Felt Book

About a year ago I won a voucher for a craft shop so I went along and got $15 worth of felt. I started making things out of the felt, beginning with a mobile for my little nephew. I decided I liked using the felt so much that I've continued to make felty things since then. When Kezi was born I made her a felt book (for when she's a bit bigger) and here it is (below - for some reason I can't get the pictures to line up any better than that!). I'm in the process of making a special one for my little nephew Malachi too. I hate patterns. I can't stand using someone elses design and love coming up with my own AND I can't use a sewing machine. For those reasons these are original designs and all hand stitched. I suppose it's my way of continuing being artistic without being too messy with bubs around!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Awwwwwww these are lovely! I particularly like the last one. I admire your artistic ability Amanda. By the way, what exactly is a 'felt book'. This was the first time I've heard of the term.

10:29 am  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Thanks Kitty! I kinda made up the term felt book, I was thinking of it like the soft baby books you can buy.

10:39 am  
Blogger Corry said...

Amanda, you are so talented, this is really amazing!
BTW this may be a dumb question, but where did the name Kezi come from? I don't recall having heard it before. It's very unique, I like it:-)

God's Grace.

12:32 am  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Hi Corry, thanks for your compliments! Kezi is actually Keziah and the name comes from here:

Job 42:12-15
The LORD blessed the latter part of Job's life more than the first. He had fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, a thousand yoke of oxen and a thousand donkeys.
13 And he also had seven sons and three daughters.
14 The first daughter he named Jemimah, the second Keziah and the third Keren-Happuch.
15 Nowhere in all the land were there found women as beautiful as Job's daughters, and their father granted them an inheritance along with their brothers.

12:54 am  
Blogger Corry said...

I suspected it was a biblical name but it didn't ring a bell. Thanks for telling me:-)

God's Grace.

1:14 am  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

What a great name your daughter has, and the felt book is a beautiful gift.

6:39 am  
Blogger Garth said...

You have a lucky daughter to have such a devoted mum!

6:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger