2005-01-12

My Poor Little Dachshund

My poor little sausage dog has been having seizures for the last 10 months. She's 14 and we all love her. She has a huge personality and its more noticable when she's around other dogs, she ignores them as if she's human. Last night she had four seizures in a row, one every 2-4 hours. I think the inevitable is coming and I've been preparing myself for the last 10 months but it's still hard. Why do we get so attached to animals? I've had to ask the Lord for a bit of extra strength today.
PS Thanks for your comments Rodney, really appreciated. The vet said that there's room still for different medication so she's fine for now. Lots of valium though which makes for one sleepy dog!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rodney Olsen said...

Some good friends of our had to take their 15 year old dog to the vet for the final time last week. It's not easy.

I had to do the same with my Collie about 4 years ago and I still miss him.

8:29 am  
Blogger Rodney Olsen said...

Wonderful to hear your good news. I hope that the medication will do the trick.

1:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger