2006-01-11

PNG Progress Report

Dad doing what he does best - talking to the national kids

In an earlier post I explained how my parents, brother, sister-in-law and nephew were flying to Papua New Guinea to resume and start life as missionaries with New Tribes Mission. I have finally heard from my Dad. He's arrived at Hoskins (West New Britain) and is setting up the house before the rest of them arrive later this week. I've already started the recording of tv shows, cutting out of newspaper clippings and collecting of bits to post to them all. It's great fun doing that, I love it!

On another note, my brother and sister-in-laws crate of goods is sitting in Geelong, Victoria waiting to be sent up to them. It will take several months to arrive and in the meantime they will be living off borrowed items. The thing is, they don't have enough funds as yet to be able to send the crate up. They also had to leave behind a lot of stuff when they flew from Cairns to Port Moresby due to lack of weight allowance on the NTM plane! Oh well, I think they have a couple of sets of clothes each for now and the rest will follow in time. If anyone who reads this prays, pray that the money for the crate shipment will come in soon. If anyone is interested in helping them out, email me and I'll send you the details.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Good on your parents, brother and sister-in-law, may God bless them as they serve Him in PNG.

9:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger