2006-01-14

Sitting On My Hands


I think the Lord is trying to teach me patience. I'm sure of this because I went to get some from my 'patience jar' today and discovered that I'm scraping the bottom! The reason - we are waiting to set up an office here in WA for our new roles with our mission SIM. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) most of the staff over east seem to be on holidays so we have to be very patient and wait till they've all stopped having fun and relaxing before we can do the office. Perhaps they've got the right idea, relaxing. It's something I don't do well.

We need a lot of bits and pieces for this office. Things like a secondhand lounge setting, coffee table, bar fridge, microwave (wishlist that one!), office chairs, lockable filing cabinet and shelving and display racks. Perhaps the reason we can't move on this is because the Lord has something better in mind. Anyway, tomorrow we're going to the office and starting with what we've got - bug spray.

I think I'll pray for a refill of my jar of patience tonight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Corry said...

Hi Amanda:-)

Sorry I have not been to your blog sooner, I am just getting around to catching up.

Thank you so much for your visit and the comment. I will visit here again and catch up on your posts. May God bless all the work you are doing and keep y'all safe.

God's Grace.

6:47 am  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Dear Amanda, I have a prayer journal for all my missionary friends, have added you in and will pray for you constantly. Hehe perhaps you should relax with the folks in the 'east'.

9:29 pm  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Thanks Kitty, I appreciate it.

10:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger