2006-06-11

Art-Stitch

*I've added a couple more photos including one of the back below.

I've come up with another way to use felt to create objects. As soon as Michael saw them had called them art-stitch so the name has stuck. If I was going to artistically categorise these they'd be textile art (which is often debated as not art but I see felt as the medium instead of paint for example).


These are basically fancy tags for gifts, there will be a plastic pocket on the back where you can slip your piece of paper with a note (see above on the teapot). When I have more photos I'll post them and I've done 4 more (all unique) since these were taken.

I want to sell them but have no idea how much for. They're about 15cm long but are all different. All are hand stitched using felt, ribbon, lace and recycled buttons.

So, I have some questions for feedback.

1. Would you buy them?
2. How much for?
3. What do you think?

All profits from the sale of these will go to this SIM project (HOPE for AIDS)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are beautiful and so unique- I would buy them, and i would encourage you to factor in the length of time it took you to make them in the price. decide first what your time is worth, and price accordingly. thanks for sharing!

4:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Art or not they're beautiful.

9:41 am  
Blogger Hannatu said...

I love them, especially the top two. I'd like the top one to go on my gift for a baby shower I'm going to tonight! I won't give any "how much" suggestions since I don't deal in Australian $.

7:55 pm  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Thanks for your suggestions so far, glad you all like them. I might start selling them through my blog when I get enough of them made.

10:55 pm  
Blogger AndieB said...

I would buy them for sure!!!! They are really cute! and I won't try and put a price on them either since I don't deal in Austrailia $$$$.

6:37 am  
Blogger Jenny said...

I am so impressed. I adore these tags and especially the pink one. They are beautifully put together and intricately designed. GOOD JOB!!!

And I'd pay $6 or $7 AUD.

11:09 am  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Excellent, thanks for your advice, I think that's a reasonable price too.

11:13 pm  
Blogger Kari said...

These are so pretty! I love the thought of more than a paper tag - they're resusable! Great idea!

7:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger