2006-08-15

In Other Words Quote

“In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity .”
~ Albert Einstein~

This is this weeks quote and immediately my mind is filled with examples both mine and Biblical.
For example; Paul in the prison, earthquake and the conversion of the jailer. Joseph's whole life. Moses - his mother's choice to put him in the basket. Daniel still praying and ending up in the lion's den. The list goes on and on.

For myself. There are a few examples but the main one I can think of is quite current. My family lives overseas, my Mum, my Dad, my brother, my sister-in-law and my nephew. They live in a place where it's difficult to stay. They're missionaries in Papua New Guinea. In having my family live so far away it means that I don't have them around for advice, hands on help or physical support in my first year of being a mother. This may sound selfish and in some respects it is but there are times that I wish and wish and wish that I had my Mum around to show me what to do.

In the midst of this difficulty I've had the opportunity to grow. I've had to make conscious choices to change an attitude or way of doing things. I've also had the wonderful opportunity to be available back here in Australia to send thing up to PNG whenever they need them. This seems simplistic but for me this is my current difficulty and that's how I've made it into an opportunity. I must say though in closing that this is an every day decision, I have to keep on checking my thinking all the time and remember that God is the one who has them there and me here.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Amen. I know how this can be a struggle and it does have to be a daily renewal of depending on God, or you can find yourself in a spiral of "missing family" and depression. I know it all to well. It took me two years to cope without being near my family.

Thank you for you wonderful words.

10:26 pm  
Blogger Joy said...

I live away from my family too. They in the Philippines, I am here in the US. And I've found that I am able to encourage others who find themselves in the same boat as I have been precisely because I was in the same difficult position of being away from family. I say "was" because thought I am still away from them, I am able to see how God's hand has led me here now and that this is where He wants me to stay for now. Thanks for your sharing.

4:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray that you are able to find the encouragement and inspiration you need through this great bunch of women that make up the CWO. Bless you and your family for making such sacrifices.

5:16 am  
Blogger Camy Tang said...

this is an every day decision, I have to keep on checking my thinking all the time and remember that God is the one who has them there and me here.

This is so true! I totally hear you, there. It's hard for me to keep remembering that it IS a daily decision for me to make, to trust God.

Camy

7:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Thank you for a great In Other Words. When missing family, as I've been away from mine for many years I've found that we have a huge family of God to lean on. Great Brother's and Sister's in Christ who are there. I didn't have my mom when my children were born and the years raising them, but God blessed me with some wonderful sister's in Christ who often would just listen. The help was beautiful. Thank you for sharing. God Bless

8:46 am  
Blogger Amydeanne said...

I can relate! Hugs and prayers! lovely post!

10:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger