2006-09-17

Illustration Friday - 'Change'

The IF theme this week is Change.


These three paintings (from a series of about six) were from my last semester at uni when I focussed on the macro and micro world (often when we look closely at the tiny objects found in nature they appear to look very similar to an aerial photo of a landscape - a bit abstract but I found it interesting). I used rocks as my source and found that when I scanned the rocks I'd found into my computer at high res they were intricately patterned. These were my attempts to draw on that source for 'abstract' paintings.

How does this relate to change? I suppose an abstract relationship with the theme is appropriate for 'abstract' paintings. This theme really changed the way I look at the world around me, rocks have a permanency about them and yet they are formed through many changes in pressure over time so I think this is appropriate. As a Christian I see that God's creation is so amazing and the closer I look at it the more amazed I am!

6 Comments:

Blogger Heartful said...

Beautiful detail Amanda.

8:48 pm  
Blogger Robin Weiss said...

Thanks Amanda! Its so encouraging to get comments on your blog site. I will put your link on my site as soon as I fiqure out how to do it.I have been working on it for an hour this morning with no success. The thing I love about your painting is its originality. Your abstracts are very good! have a great day. RW

12:40 am  
Blogger groovyinclinations said...

Oh my these are really cool!

Mindy

8:59 am  
Blogger Kel said...

these remind me of photos of obscure body parts from anatomy books

when I studied remedial massage I thought a lot of anatomical pics looked like arial photos of landscape

7:10 pm  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Glad you liked them, I enjoyed doing them which is strange as I'm usually more figurative.

11:14 pm  
Anonymous Maya W said...

Great rreading

11:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger