2006-10-28

Illustration Friday too! - 'Wind'

IF theme is wind:


Going for something a little abstract this week to illustrate the topic. This was originally entitled 'Third Space' demonstrating the gap between one culture and another (its very deep - I was in uni at the time!), The gap is meant to be invisible so if you look very closely you can see the fishing line down the centre. Anyway, paintings are always open to individual interpretation so I thought this actually demonstrated Wind quite well.

50cm x 40cm, mixed media (glue, acrylic, fishing line, tumeric and cummin - I think - correct me if you think I'm wrong - can't remember which spices are those colours!!) on canvas.

3 Comments:

Blogger gma said...

Yes it does illustrate the topic. Especially here in Az. where we have red dirt and get some colorful dust storms.

11:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's beautiful! There's something riveting in its simplicity. c",)

11:51 pm  
Blogger Caroline said...

Love the splashes of colour your wind has created.

10:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger