2007-01-05

Schapelle Corby - My Story Review

While we were away over east I read Schapelle's book 'My Story'. As a person who sees her as innocent and who writes to her every now and then I felt it was important that I read it. It only took me a few days as it was one of those books you just can't put down once you start.

What did I think? It's very honest. It's very compelling . It's very graphic. If you are planning on reading Schapelle's story I would recommend that you sit down and expect some very descriptive and graphic images to be painted as you read. There are some horrific stories about life in Kerobokan Prison and it's slum conditions. To be honest, I had to skip a story about infant murder that she was told about by another prisoner as I found it too disturbing after having had a baby recently. At the same time I feel that it was vital that Schapelle included these parts of her story so we can understand what she's living through.

It's looking more and more likely that she will be transferred to another prison which is a long way away from her family and supporters in Bali. If you are a person of prayer, please remember her. She needs support and people to believe in her and she needs people to read her book.

You can purchase her book online at the QBD Bookshop or Amazon but it is also available to buy in most book stores.

You can read all about her case and situation here and don't forget, you can still write to her and send her parcels. The address for this is:

Schapelle Corby C/- LPM Kerobokan Jl.
Tangkuban Perahu Kerobokan,
Denpasar 80117 Bali, INDONESIA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger