2005-01-29

The Grandparents

Hmmmm. Today we're going up to see my grandparents. I haven't seen them since April. My nanna, as 'loving' as she thinks she is being holds some similar traits to the grandmother in 'Malcolm in the Middle'. Fairly hardened and bitter. Not the fluffy, lolly giving, present giving (unless it's a crochered hand towel or flannel) Nanna with the rosy cheeks. I feel very sad about them. Grandad is very old and both of them have Gopher's now (those little red zoomie bike things). They aren't Christians and always ask the same questions 'do you have a job, is it permanent?' 'when are you going to settle down and get a real job?'. etc etc.... My brother and his wife are going to get a lot of stick today because they are planning on taking a new baby to PNG next year. I've moved up the totem pole!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger