2005-06-14

I've Been Tagged for a Music Meme

Rodney Olsen has tagged me for a Music Meme so here goes...

1. Total amount of music on your computer?

According to my comptuer I have over 1000 songs ripped from CD's we own courtesy of my computer crazy hubby. (he say's not MP3 but ogg - whatever that means).

2. CD you last bought?

Hmmm - I won Switchfoot's The Beautiful Letdown off Sonshine FM quite a while ago
We picked up a strange CD called Putumayo Presents Music From the Chocolate Lands (which is full of world music) at a quiz night a little while ago.

I did however buy an old Steven Curis Chapman CD - Real Life Conversations to add to my growing collection a couple of months ago.

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?

I can't remember - was watching the teli! Whatever was on the radio about 5 hours ago. (unless you count the theme song to Neighbours!).

4. 5 songs you often listen to, or which mean a lot to you?

Forrest Gump Suite
My favourite movie is Forrest Gump. I've seen it more times than I could count and probably could quote it almost word for word. I've even seen it in Flemish!

No Greater Love - Steven Curtis Chapman
As someone involved in Missionary work, this song has special significance. Steven has dedicated this song to the memory or Nate Saint and his four missionary friends and families who lived and died to make the great love of God through Christ known to the Wadoni of Ecuador. Nate and his four companions were speared to death by the tribal men and later these men became believers. This song my SCC has the singing/chanting of one of those men's sons as part of the song.

For the Sake of the Call - Steven Curtis Chapman
Another song which always draws me back to the thing I am called to do - the task of spreading the gospel.

We will abandon it all for the sake of the call
No other reason at all but the sake of the call
Wholly devoted to live and to die...

Not for the sake of a creed or a cause
Not for a dream or a promise
Simply because it is Jesus who calls
And if we believe we'll obey
And we'll answer....


The Great Adventure - Steven Curtis Champman
Yes, I see the pattern developing here too! I am a bit of a SCC fan and it's these three of his songs that came to mind when trying to answer this question. This song is important because my hubby and I left our wedding to it as we headed off into our lives together.

Asleep In the Light - Keith Green
I'm also a Keith Green fan. I love the passion and honsesty that comes out when he sang. This song always helps me to focus on what's important.

The world is sleeping in the dark
That the church just can't fight
'Cause it's asleep in the light
How can you be so dead
When you've been so well fed
Jesus rose from the grave
And you, you can't even get out of bed


I've tagged Bagga's Blog, his Method and Mission Safari.

4 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

I love SCC! We're at the end of our church's 40 days of purpose campaign, and we've used a couple of his songs for the weekly themes...

8:06 am  
Blogger Brad said...

Back at ya Amanda...

http://www.hismethod.com/blog/?p=199

10:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Thomas..

I finally figured out how to view your posts on here :) All this time I thought you just hadn't updated. It's very cool, very classy :)

10:48 am  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Hi Thomas! Nice to hear from ya.

11:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger