2005-11-12

Tagging Fun

Rodney Olsen tagged me (because I volunteered for it!!) so here goes. This is the list of 20 things you don't know about me:

1.I've been married for 9 and a half years but we've been a couple for close to 14 years now. We were 'high school sweethearts' and Michael even went to my school ball.

2. I was a Girl's Brigade girl for 6 years and an officer for 5 years. I earn't my Queen's Award during year 12.

3. My favourite lollies are Chico Babies.

4. I've lived on three continents, Australia, Europe and Africa.

5. My parents were founding members of the Christian newspaper Challenge which is now distributed around the world. The first drawing rooms for the newspaper were in my bedroom and had pink walls!

6. I have a Bachelor of Arts (visual arts, specifically painting) which I completed at the end of 2004.

7. I've only been to one concert - Newsboys (I'd love to go to more but they're sooooo expensive!).

8. I was voted in as a prefect at my school in year 12. At the time I was new to the school and didn't even know what a prefect was.

9. I've been to 14 countries including, Australia (it counts!), England, Scotland, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, America, New Zealand (it still counts even if I was only there for an hour!), Singapore, Niger, Papua New Guinea and Benin.

10. I'm an obsessed Tom Hanks fan and have been ever since Forrest Gump came out in 1994. I've seen 27 out of 40 of his films and am still working my way through the list.

11.My middle name starts with 'H'. That's all I have to say about that.

12. I went to Expo '88 in Brisbane.

13. I'm a trained secretary but prefer being an artist.

14. My brother calls me Mole (I call him Wart) and my Dad is the only one who calls me Molly. I've been known as Mandy or Manda but prefer Amanda.

15. I'm a bit of an opshopper. I grew up with my parents living as missionaries so we had to buy our clothes from Good Sammies etc...which was fine because we saved a fortune and it's fun bargain hunting!

16. I had the poodle (spiral) perm in high school (twice!).

17. I've had the same best friend for 18 years now.

18. As a teenager I had two things on my wall. Posters of the Wildcats (WA's basketball team) and posters of Michael J Fox.

19. I left home when I was 18 (straight out of high school)and went to live in Sydney and attended New Tribes Mission Bible College. My then boyfriend is now my husband and he did the exact same thing. We had applied for and been accepted to the same college separately and when we tried to tell each other we couldn't believe it! Of course, our parents didn't believe us and thought we'd hatched the plan together but we hadn't.

20. I've been to every state in Australia. NSW many times and to live. WA - live. SA - visited family there many times. ACT - went there with the NTM Bible Colege Choir when we toured. Qld - Expo 88 and NTM BC Choir tour mainly. VIC - visited friends and family there. TAS - went there for a holiday in 2004. NT - saddest visit, went there for 3 wks to look after my best friend's other 3 kids when her son was run over and almost died (he's fine now).

1 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

I'm an opshopper too
only problem is now we're moving to the country, that won't work as well, country folk tend to wear their clothes till they are truly worn out
so our clothing expenses look set to rise :(

11:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger