2006-01-14

Terrified................of Arachnoids


I put 'arachnoid' in the title because I really do have an irrational fear of spid.......you know. I valiantly defended my family tonight by killing (with spray, from a distance) one of those jumping spid...........you know. When I was a kid I was only mildly afraid of them and then when I was about 19 I had an awful spid.......you know experience.

I was sitting in the passenger seat of my friends car in her driveway when I put my hand on my lap and felt what I thought was a leaf. Wasnt. You guessed it. It was a spid......you know. It was as big as my hand and was one of those jumping ones. Scenario went like this. I screamed. She braked. She jumped out of her side of the car. I dived out of her side onto the driveway from the passengers side. I jumped up very quickly and turned in circles screaming 'is it on me! is it on me?'. She laughed. The spid......you know was sitting on my seat staring at the commotion (laughing I'm sure in that deep evil laugh they have - don't tell me you haven't heard it). Her brother wouldn't come out and kill it and when he finally did it had disapeared. It took a long time for me to get back in the car. See, my fear isn't that irrational after all.


5 Comments:

Blogger Rodney Olsen said...

You got back in the car?

I would have walked.

3:43 am  
Blogger Corry said...

I sympathize! I have a saying that I live by whenever I see a spid...you know(grin). It goes like this: the only good spid... is a dead one!

God's Grace.

8:27 am  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

LOL. The way you described your experience and the scenario is so lovely and funny....you know hehe. Yes I am afraid of those things as well, but honestly I haven't heard of their deep evil laugh, but I can certainly imagine. Here we go your word of 2006 Amanda again :)

11:57 am  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

I wonder where the spid disappeared to though.

11:57 am  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

I had to get back in the car as I had to get home! I was quite stressed though. Believe me Kitty, you don't want to hear their laugh! ; )

1:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger