2006-03-26

Misho Prayer

If you're interested in what some consider a 'boring' subject - missionary prayer meetings, there's a good post about it over on The Missionary Ironclast's blog.

Jim asks 'If prayer is a ladder between two worlds, a breath of heavenly air, and a telephone to the King, why do I doze in prayer meetings?......Maybe the heart of the problem is that we don’t realize we are at war.'

Amongst some great tips he says 'When you are tempted to doze in missionary prayer meetings remember that your prayers have a powerful influence on what is happening half way around the world'

Worth taking a look.

Pic: Us being commissioned into our new SIM role on March 11 this year.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rodney Olsen said...

Great to see the photo of the commissioning.

We so much wanted to be there. The invitation was stuck to our fridge and we were looking forward to it.

On the day I had a terrible bug that had other ideas. I changed my mind about a dozen times through the day before finally realising that I was in no fit state to be there.

So sorry we missed it.

2:26 pm  
Blogger Corry said...

Congrats!!! May God bless y'all and the work you are doing for His glory.

God's Grace.

7:16 pm  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Hi Rodney, it's ok, I figured that's why you didn't come when I heard you on the radio on Monday. I'm glad you didn't come all that way when you felt sick!

8:25 pm  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Thanks Corry

8:26 pm  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

If I lived closer to you, I certainly would have loved to attend your commissioning service Amanda.

9:58 am  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Awww thanks Kitty : )

3:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger