2006-03-21

Curried Missionary Part 10

This is part 10 of my booklet Curried Missionary, how to spice up your missionaries' life. In this section we continue to see quotes that are Straight From The Horse's Mouth (quotes from missionaries about how we can best encourage them).
Pic: Michael and I with a Wodabe Fulani man in Niger

Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Part 9

“...having someone I don't know send me a “just to say hello” card. Then maybe we could start writing or something...yes, having something sent out like good food and stuff would be really cool..”
~ 13 yr old Missionary Kid from the USA, in Niger.

“...A letter from a friend telling me about all the little details of life in the village she lived in in Dorset – it was great as so far removed from life in Budapest!...A box containing my favourite teddy bear...and a few of my favourite apples...I NEVER IMAGINED ANYONE WOULD POST APPLES TO ME!!!”
~ Allie Schwaar, English/Swiss former missionary in Hungary.

“..Another church sends us a small package about 2 or 3 times a year with small thing sin it and note to say they are praying for us. Neither of these churches support us financially.”
~ T & E Burns, Aussie missionaries in PNG.

“...just to hear from people. I love getting e-mails and I like letters even better. No matter how short, it’s really nice just to hear something from a friend often. TO NOT GET ANY E-MAILS FOR LIKE TWO OR THREE WEEKS IS KIND OF DISCOURAGING, BUT TO GET ONE RO SEVERAL AT ONCE CAN MAKE MY DAY.”
~ Hannah, Missionary kid from the USA in Niger

“Letters with “current affairs” and cricket/rugby news etc.. is wonder-ful!!!”..”
~ D & J Brown, English former missionaries in Ethiopia.

“...to receive a letter or especially a package from someone, because when I feel like I just can’t stand being here another moment, a letter from someone or a package with something from back home helps cheer me up and give me a little strength to go on.”
~ Sarah, American/French Missionary Kid in Niger.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Great stuff Amanda :)

10:45 pm  
Blogger Cha said...

Wow Amanda, just found your blog. Well actually I was reading it a few months ago then clicked on it again tonight and realised I know you from highschool!!! Did you go to Swan Christian High?

8:26 pm  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Hi Charlene, yep, went to Swan. Can't seem to access your blog. It says your profile isn't public access.

10:42 pm  
Blogger Cha said...

Just go to www.chablog.cross.com.au i don't user blogger anymore. Talk to you more when i get back from Sydney in 10 days. Great to get in touch again!!!

7:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger