2006-05-12

Illustration Friday - Angels and Devils

The theme for Illustration Friday this week is Angels and Devils. So, here's this weeks illustration (I don't think I've posted this before):


This is my 'cross' painting. I always wanted to do my interpretation of what happened the night Jesus died but I really wanted it to be very different to anything traditional. I know it's a bit gruesome but so was what happened on the cross. Why does this fit the theme? Because at no other time in history were angels and devils stirred so much!

11 Comments:

Blogger Saul Iscariot said...

That's a great picture, I prefer people who depict the crucifixion as the barbaric form of death that it was. And a great explaination as to why it fits the theme.

9:50 pm  
Blogger jen said...

yes! this is awesome! out of interest what size is the piece?

9:52 pm  
Blogger Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Disturbing and strong. Great conception.

10:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda - Wonderful painting. I absolutely agree on you reasonings for it.

10:11 pm  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Love this cross, the texture and the grit of it is nice.

10:25 pm  
Blogger AscenderRisesAbove said...

wonderful illustration; always good to return to see what you have this week

11:43 pm  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Hi all and thank you for your comments. This painting is 60cm x 45cm (24"x18"). It's acrylic and black ink on board. I meant it be strong and stirring.

11:58 pm  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

wow! the angle is most impressive.

12:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIS IS A MASTERPIECE!
Absolutely no question about it!

4:27 am  
Blogger Loca said...

Great interpretation of this week's theme, love it all and the colours look fantastic.

11:16 pm  
Blogger Kay Aker said...

Genuinely stirring and impactful!

5:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger