2006-11-10

Thursday Thirteen on Friday Morning

Whoops! I'm still getting used to this list thingy so its a bit late.

Thirteen Things about SIM

Our recent display

1…. Michael and I represent SIM in Western Australia - we're missionaries with them. Our job is to promote and mobilize, to share experiences and assist those who want to go overseas.

2…. SIM stands for Serving In Mission, it was known for a long time as Sudan Interior Mission.

3….Is a global, interdenominational mission agency.

4….Works in Africa, Asia and South America.

5….Works in over 40 countries.

6….The purpose of SIM is...

To glorify God by planting, strengthening,
and partnering with churches around the world as we:

evangelise the unreached,
minister to human need,

disciple believers into churches

equip churches to fulfil Christ’s Commission.


7….Lists their statement of faith here.

8….Have around 1600 missionaries worldwide.

9….Have sending offices in;
10…Has an international website.

11…Have opportunities for missionary service in the following areas:

Short Term Assignment (STA)

Business and Administration

Children and Youth

Education

Evangelism & Church Growth

Health

Human Need/AIDS

Literacy & Translation

Media & Arts

Short Term Assignment & Internship

Teams

Technical Services

Theological Education

12….Have online magazines in pdf. format for free.

13….Has been around since 1893.



5 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

I was not aware of SIM before today. Thank you for posting this!

10:56 am  
Blogger Girlie said...

Wow, I haven't heard of SIM until today. Sounds cool!

Mine's up right here.

Happy Thursday!

1:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool. Thanks for sharing more about SIM. I had no idea about that society. Great stuff. I'm in WA, too. ;-)

9:38 pm  
Blogger Carol Wilson said...

This is a beautiful posting. Thanks for the word about the SIM magazine.

I love cleaning the beaters myself. But i hardly ever got to, because my three daughters beat me to it. (pun intended)
Carol

11:02 pm  
Blogger Pfingston said...

That is excelent! What an informative TT!

10:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger