2007-01-31

My First Sale - on Etsy

This morning I woke to find two orders on my Etsy account! Yay! That means I've made 2 sales on Etsy and 5 on the Aussie site Wahmania.

Ok, I happen to believe that God is in control of all things, including technology. I happen to believe that God is much 'smarter' than our most complex technology. Last week I was extrememly frustrated that I couldn't get into my blog and post. It had been two weeks of battling with blogger to find out the problem. I had done a fair bit of 'shoot to heaven' type praying through that time but the night before the blog probs were sorted I prayed 'Ok Lord, you know how this technology works and you understand how frustrated I am, please sort it out for me' (as opposed to 'C'mon Lord, why isn't it fixed yet?). The next day it was sorted.

A similar thing happened with Etsy. I've been asking the Lord to make it very transparent as to whether I'm doing the right thing with these little shops. I was feeling that no sales was his way of saying 'No' and then poof, a sale. So, I'm going to say thank you God for making me wait. I'm sure I'll have to wait a whole lot longer for the next one but thats ok.

I sold two pairs of earrings if anyone is interested (pictured).

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there, just dropping a line! Sarah text me while I was out super spreading on the tractor and said you'd made a comment on her blog! Looks like you're working from home, while looking after your bub! Fantastic! look forward to catching up sometime! Duncan

1:16 pm  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Hi Duncan! Funny way to catch up hey! Yep working a lot from home while looking after Kezi.

10:17 am  
Blogger Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Congratulations!! Your first sale! I have my own home business and have had it for years. I just got my first blog sale in OCtober!! I was so excited! DOn't get discouraged!! Jenn

12:11 pm  
Blogger Pfingston said...

HORAY!

6:21 am  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Thanks Michelle!

Jen - thanks. I've subscribed to both your blogs. Congrats on your first sale!

Hi Duncan - funny way to have a conversation hey!

9:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it is rather different!:) I have created a blog with the help of sarah, but I forgot my user name and password... I know, thats abit silly:)You can visit it if you a bored, its rockmelons@blogspot.com
Chat again soon, Dunc

1:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger