2006-03-14

Cool Map


I have been trying to find out some information for my brother who lives in West New Britain Papua New Guinea. He has been off to the jungle with some friends and a metal detector to find war relics from WWII and has managed to dig up some bullets and other bits (he wrote about it here). I think they found a Japanese Zero which is a plane for those who don't know (which was me only a few days ago!) amongst the bushes. He wants me to find out what Japanese bullets look like so he can identify them. He also wants me to find out about Japanese writing so he can translate what's written on the bits he's found. I've discovered that this is no easy task. There seems to be a lot of information on the web about any of the weaponry used by the allies or even Germany but to find West New Britain Japanese war relic info seems very hard indeed!

Anyway, getting back to what I WAS GOING to write about... In all my searching I found a very cool map (above) of the island of West New Britain where my family live in wikipedia. At least I've found something useful!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

It is a very cool map indeed! :)

10:32 pm  
Blogger Corry said...

That's a great map. When I got some time, I will see what I can find on the Dutch sites. If you like???

God's Grace.

1:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger