2006-03-10

Using God as a Torch

I was flicking through my Bible the other night when I read these verses:

Isaiah 50:10-11
Who among you fears the Lord and obeys the word of his servant?
Let him who walks in the dark, who has no light,
trust in the name of the Lord and rely on his God.
But now, all you who light fires and provide yourselves with flaming torches,
go, walk in the light of your fires and of the torches you have set ablaze.
This is what you shall receive from my hand:
You will lie down in torment.

At the moment we are starting the process of seeking the Lord to provide people who will both prayerfully and financially support us as new SIM Missionaries here in WA. When I read these verses I couldn't help but be reminded that we are to trust God completely while in the dark about this. I didn't read the last line as 'God will torment you' but that the result of not seeking his guidance is that we will cause our own torment, it's agonising to be independent of him. What do you think?

1 Comments:

Blogger Corry said...

It all comes down to faith. He knows best:-)
My own experiences: depending on myself only makes things worse!

I'll be praying for y'all.

God's Grace.

12:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger