2006-07-09

Swap Items

Recently I tried my very first internet swap from this website - swap-bot. We had to gather a collection of interesting objects and wrap them inside a ball of wool. I did my best and sent it off to my given swapper in the United States and the other day I received my ball of wool. Well, it wasn't so much a ball of wool anymore as much as a pile of unravelled wool and a pile of objects that were once wrapped inside it. Why? Customs. They'd unravelled the whole thing and checked everything in it!

Anyway, thank you to Sherry for your amazing generosity and all the effort you went to in making this special. Here's a photo of what it looked like when Sherry sent it:

And here's what was inside:

6 Comments:

Blogger AndieB said...

How cool is that!!!! What a great idea!

7:18 am  
Blogger sherry said...

Sigh. . .If I had known they were going to unravel the whole thing I would have left the yarn in a skein and saved everyone a lot of trouble! It is kind of funny, though, can you imagine the poor customs agent who had to sit down and unroll 100 meters of ribbon yarn? I'm glad you liked it.

8:44 am  
Blogger Rebecca said...

oh bummer! looks like you got a really great ball---errr, nest :D
this was a great swap, i sure hope there is another!

10:36 am  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

utoWow this is fantastic!

9:20 pm  
Blogger Hannatu said...

What a great idea! I like your brother in the wedding veil. Also a great idea! :)

4:26 am  
Blogger Kel said...

that looks like fun
it is frustrating when customs agents [who i dare say don't have a creative bone in their lil' bods] mess with something beautiful

11:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger