2007-03-02

A Bit About Me......for the blog party

Seeing as there will be quite a few newbies visiting my blog over the next week I thought it was about time I did a little list of things about me. So, pull up a chair, pop on your party hat, take a sip of your softie and grab a handful of nibbles......here we go...

1. I was born in New South Wales but have grown up in Western Australia. There is nothing NSW-ish about me, I'm a WAussie through and through.

2. Michael (hubby) and I have known each other since we were 13. We were boyfriend/girlfriend for four years and have been married for close to 11 years.

3. I am a Christian. I belive that I was born a sinner and that our Heavenly Father sent his own son to earth to take my payment for sin. I believe that he willingly went to the most cruel death in history and after three days, our Heavenly Father brought him back to life. I belive that without this act of grace I would be on a very different path.

4. I had very long hair in school which I had done in a very fashionable spiral perm twice - lesson learnt, don't get your fringe done. I was NOT popular in school at all, ever.

5. I have an urge to be creative every day. I also have an urge to tidy up everything I see every day! I can't help myself.

6. I have always been more creative than mathematical. I have tried to learn accounting, maths, how to read music and how to read patterns of all sorts many times over with very little success!

7. I have been to 13 countries - England, Scotland, USA, Singapore, Niger, Benin, Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium and Papua New Guinea as well as sitting in Auckland (New Zealand) airport for an hour - does that count?

8. I have one brother and thats it. That's enough, he's great and I love him very much.

9. I have spent 7 years studying in total - 2 at NTM Bible College, 2 at TAFE and 3 doing a B.Arts at University.

10. I lived in Sydney for two years in 1993 and 1994 while at Bible College. I was 18 and it was the first time I moved out of home.


11. I did my major in painting and love to paint in oils and acrylics. Since I started playing with polymer clay I haven't lifted a brush except to varnish!

12. I have one daughter (so far) who is 17 months old. She's very cute, very funny and very bubbly (except for at the moment when there are teething moments but they are few and far between).

Labels: , , , , ,

39 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stopped in from the P-A-R-T-Y to say hello! Enjoy all the blogs!

Loved reading about you and your family. You have been to quite a few countries! Mission trips?

11:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saying hello from the party! Your daughter is a doll!

11:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You have visited so many places. That is so neat!

3:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has been a great stop on the party circuit! Such a beautiful family and wonderful outlook on life. I'll have to come back and read more later.

3:42 am  
Blogger Lissete said...

Visiting for the party! Nice to meet you!

4:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Party hopping and wanted to say hi! Enjoy your week!
Stacey

4:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just cruising by the party blog to say hello! Nice to meet you!

5:21 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aww your little girl is a doll. I enjoyed your party post!!!

5:34 am  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Love the picture of your daughter, you can tell she's got some personality.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the woes of a spiral perm.

5:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you! I am so jealous of how well-travelled you are. And your daughter is adorable!

7:10 am  
Blogger  My Trendy Tykes said...

Oh, I enjoyed reading about you!!

Nice to meet you!!

Linda

7:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi nice to meet you
ive had of those yummy lollies of yours and now Im going to have a chat with you OK?
wow youve been to a lot of places
ive got your major well done to you I have my bachelor in early childhood education
what a cutie your daughter is I have 2 boys an 11 year old and a almost in 4 days 16 month old I love being a mum :)

7:43 am  
Blogger Judy said...

Happy Partying :-) When you get in the mood to do some tidying... cash in your frequent flyer miles and come to the US to tidy MY house!! I'll cook for you :-)

I'm bookmarking your site and will come back to check you out more later in the week. Meeting new people is so much fun!

7:44 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I loved reading and learning more about you and your family. How fun.

8:47 am  
Blogger TaunaLen said...

Party Hopping! Nice to meet you. Stop by if you get a chance, and check out the coffee bar.

~TaunaLen

10:14 am  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Hi! I'm here for the Ultimate Blog Party!

Party on!!

10:17 am  
Blogger Looney Mom™ said...

Wow. You are busy. Making the party rounds. Have a great party week!

11:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - so nice to meet you! I loved reading about you - wow, you've done alot of traveling!

I was never, not once EVER popular in school...=)

That is an adorable picture of your daugther!

Hope you can stop by sometime soon!

11:28 am  
Blogger Phara said...

It's cool to meet someone from outside the U.S.

12:31 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

You have led a fascinating life. And your little one is so pretty! Have a great party!

12:58 pm  
Blogger Amydeanne said...

I love that pic of your daughter! It's a hoot!

1:18 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

It's good to find your blog!

6:59 pm  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Here via the blog party! It is great to "meet" you! Wow you are really well travelled! Your daughter is adorable.

9:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fun! love your blog. Your jewlery/etc. is really amazing. Gotta love the spiral perm--I had it, too. Thank God those days are over!

1:18 am  
Blogger Krista said...

Stopping by for the party. I am totally impressed with your life and your travels. Have fun at the party. Stop by and see me!

2:02 am  
Blogger Lisa Knight said...

Just surfin the party! Nice to meet you!
I am partying over at Sew What's Up.

Party on!

2:19 am  
Blogger Multi-tasking Mommy said...

Great party food! Yummy.

Drop by my place anytime!

http://circleoflifeblog.blogspot.com

You sure are a traveller...good for you!

3:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the party invite! I'm sure I'll be back to get to know you better.

7:43 am  
Blogger Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

Wow - you have had quite a fun life! Love all the pics. :)

Thanks for partying!

9:52 am  
Blogger Qtpies7 said...

Hi, happy party day! I love your yummy candy dish! Oh, I'm a sucker for candy~
Now I have to go eat some candy before supper.........
Stop on by my blog for some funny, funny stories!

10:01 am  
Blogger Susan said...

What a great blog you have here!! I DREAM of getting to your part of the world someday!! I have a friend who lives in Brisbane. I think it's sweet that you and your hubby have known each other so long. I am watching my boys develop relationships as older teens 17 and 19 that I think "could" feasibly grow into their life partners. They are all relying on God for direction and I'm thankful.

May God bless you!! If you have time, stop by my blog party too. I hope to come back here sometime soon.

Blessings.

:-) Susan

10:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is great to see another Australian at the party. :-)

1:47 am  
Blogger Jaime said...

Here via the blog party!! Nice blog!

10:09 am  
Blogger PEZmama said...

Thanks for inviting us all to the party at your place. I took a look through the first page on your blog and I am really impressed with your obvious commitment to missions. Also, I love your crafty creations. If I even HAD nice napkins, those napkin rings would be very tempting! I am also about to go looking around the SIM site. Thanks for the link.

I will be back to look at your store and to get to know you better.

12:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what an interesting profile! I;m making the "party" rounds and wanted to say hello.

1:32 pm  
Blogger Melissa said...

It's party time! I love your blog and am so jealous of all the places you've been. My life has been fairly travel-less thus far. Maybe sometime in the future :)

9:29 am  
Blogger Shalee said...

Hello fellow sister in Christ. What a pleasure to meet you!

You've been everywhere. I also have one brother and I had really long hair in hs. And that picture of your daughter is a hoot!

Oh, and could you please come visit me at my house and have that urge you were referring to in #5? Really, I wouldn't stop you...

5:34 am  
Blogger Shawna said...

I have a 17 month old daughter as well. Wow! You've been to a lot of interesting places. I would like to visit some of them! Nice to meet you.

4:49 am  
Blogger Brandie said...

Love that picture of your dd!
I am envious of all your traveling! =)

6:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger