2006-03-11

Commissioning Service and Dedication

Today we were commissioned into our new roles as SIM State Ministry Directors. The service was wonderful, a highlight being a Sudanese singing group who sang two songs. If I'm honest I must say that I don't remember much of it. The reason - Kezi just wouldn't settle during the whole service. She wiggled and cried and carried on, wouldn't settle or sleep or even drink most of her bottle! I spent a fair bit of time up the back. I (we) did go on stage twice for a prayer for us and for our actual commissioning.

Photo Above: Michael putting the finishing touches to the front of the office yesterday.

If I'm honest I can say that we were both encouraged by who came and a little disappointed by who didn't (I'm sure people had a good reason). SIM has a wonderful history here in WA and Pastor Glen Lock, former SIM Representative reminded us of it's past and that we have quite a legacy. We met some elderly ladies who told us that they pray for us every day and have done so for years! Amazing people.

I'm so glad that our friend Simon taped the whole service for us so I can sit down and see what I missed out on.

Photo Above left: Michael and Kezi. Photo right: Not a very smiley pic but proof that I'm there too!!

Afterwards a large group headed down to Wattle Grove Baptist Church where we had our office dedication and a BBQ tea. Poor Kezi was so tired by the time we got home and I'm sure she'll sleep well tonight!

Photo Below Left: The inside as of Friday with curtains covering the storage space.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger