2006-03-29

Love, Dear, Sweetie.......Aaargh!

Ever since I was about 24 and working I have really hated it when people call me 'dear', 'love' or 'sweetie' unless we're family or a close (older) friend. I'm not sure if it's because I look a bit younger than I am or what but it seems that even at the post office the lady behind the desk who looks around the same age as me calls me 'love'.

It just seems so disrespectful although I'm sure this would be endearing to some people. The same thing happens on the phone, I've been told I sound very young on the phone. I get 'ok, dear, well you...blah blah blah etc...'. I'm not sure why it bothers me, maybe it just makes me feel as if the person talking to me thinks I'm very young and immature (maybe I am!!!), I really don't know. I'm 31 so it annoys me more when someone who's around 25 does this to me. Does this bother anyone else or am I the only one?

Pic: This is me last week

2 Comments:

Blogger Corry said...

I think it shows care and the willingness to help:-)
God bless you, sister!

God's Grace.

10:42 pm  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Hehe I am kinda the opposite...I love it when people call me love, dear and sweetie etc..I think it's really endearing :)

9:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger