2006-07-14

Illustration Friday - Sacrifice

The IF theme this week is 'sacrifice'. What a shame because the entry I did a few weeks back for angels and devils would have been perfect!! Anyway, instead I'm putting this one in:


This is done using the photocopy transfer method, acrylic on wood and a fine brush, oh and I sepia-ed it on my comptuer for effect (is that allowed?).

This is my great-grandfather Jack (sitting centre) and his mates. You guessed it, they are all in their uniforms (Australian Army) and this was taken during the last world war. War and the word sacrifice go hand in hand so I thought this was appropriate.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this a lot. Interesting technique!

3:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful image, and technique-wise, I think it's all allowed.

5:40 am  
Blogger faeorain said...

Very soft and beautiful. Great work.

10:56 am  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

It seems to me EVERYTHING is "fair" and allowed in this forum! I feel like I cheat when I do digital work... let alone amending it more than once. Evocative end result you got!

1:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Friday

  • My WishList
  • Powered by Blogger